In order to stay abreast of the situation and maintain a healthy community and membership, the Thomson-McDuffie Chamber of Commerce will continue to monitor COVID-19 through updates provided by Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH). Per a DPH news release, ‘should it become necessary, DPH may recommend appropriate community mitigation measures for affected communities, such as temporary closure of child care facilities and schools/colleges and universities, school and workplace social distancing measures, and postponement or cancellation of mass gatherings’. You are encouraged to monitor closures and updates within the local and larger community.
The Chamber is taking this matter seriously, and event postponements will be communicated to the Chamber membership via traditional member communication methods (website, blast emails, and the Chamber’s Facebook page) as well as other local media outlets.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Georgia Department of Health (DPH)
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Thomson-McDuffie County COVID-19 update
- Georgia Safety Promise
- City of Thomson Facebook Page
- McDuffie County Facebook Page
- CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY LOANS - Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance
- Economic Injury Relief Overview (GA Chamber video)
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Governors Executive Order 8/31/2020
- Georgia Shelter in Place Guidelines & FAQS
- Operational Changes and Recommendations for City and County Facilities
- COVID-19, Coronavirus Daily Status Report for McDuffie County 8/17/2020
Click here to view our Facebook group to see the latest from or local restuarants.