In order to stay abreast of the situation and maintain a healthy community and membership, the Thomson-McDuffie Chamber of Commerce will continue to monitor COVID-19 through updates provided by Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH). Per a DPH news release, ‘should it become necessary, DPH may recommend appropriate community mitigation measures for affected communities, such as temporary closure of child care facilities and schools/colleges and universities, school and workplace social distancing measures, and postponement or cancellation of mass gatherings’. You are encouraged to monitor closures and updates within the local and larger community.
The Chamber is taking this matter seriously, and event postponements will be communicated to the Chamber membership via traditional member communication methods (website, blast emails, and the Chamber’s Facebook page) as well as other local media outlets.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC COVID-19 Data Tracker
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Georgia Department of Health (DPH)
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Thomson-McDuffie County COVID-19 update
- City of Thomson Facebook Page
- McDuffie County Facebook Page
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Governor Kemp's Executive Order on COVID-16 (12/30/2020)
Click here to view our Facebook group to see the latest from or local restuarants.