Government Affairs Committee meetingName: Government Affairs Committee meetingDate: October 15, 2019Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
The Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee is at the heart of the organization’s mission… to be the leading – and most effective — advocate for pro-business and quality of life issues in McDuffie County. With that in mind, your Chamber and volunteers work year-round to ensure that our city, county, state and federal representatives are aware of the issues which affect the McDuffie County business community, and that they are actively engaged in our efforts to make our area an even better place to live, work and do business. Locally, governmental issues are monitored by the Chamber’s Economic Development/Government Affairs Committee which meets monthly to consider issues pertinent to its area of interest, and makes recommendations to the Thomson-McDuffie Chamber Board of Directors on issues that require action and/or advocacy.
Chamber staff and volunteer leaders maintain close working relationships with members as well as the leadership of city and county departments. Our Government Affairs Committee works diligently to bridge the communication gap between local government and area businesses.
Our Government Affairs services and activities include:
- Maintaining a productive relationships/partnerships with state legislators, county and municipal officials and staff
- Identifying Government/Legislative priorities prior to the legislative session.
- Hosting events and programs to encourage voter and candidate education, and to increase understanding of issues (Pre-Legislative Luncheon)
- Representing the Chamber and its members at public forums.
- Educating chamber members about relevant issues and encouraging them to share their support or opposition with elected officials.
- Maintaining open lines of communications and collaborating with the Georgia Chamber.
- Collaborating with the surrounding county Chambers to produce, promote and influence a regional legislative agenda.
- Listening to members and identifying opportunities to actively advocate on their behalf.
If you own a business in McDuffie County and need our help from a legislative or government affairs standpoint or would like more information, please contact Debbie Jones at (706) 597-1000. We’re happy to help our local business community however we can.
We invite you to offer other Chamber Members deals from your business