The Thomson McDuffie Chamber of Commerce is seeking a career-minded, dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual for the position of Executive Director. The successful candidate will plan, coordinate, and assist in the development and execution of current and long-range programs to achieve major community and organizational goals. The position is responsible for supervising support personnel and managing administrative and financial affairs of the Chamber office. Additionally, the Executive Director will promote the growth, prosperity, and social well-being of the City of Thomson and McDuffie County through the combined efforts of the Chamber of Commerce Board, Committee Chairs, Volunteers, the Department of Tourism, the Development Authorities of McDuffie County, along with elected leaders and City/County/BOE staff
The salary package is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, a current resume, and professional references to the Thomson-McDuffie Chamber of Commerce, Attn: Executive Committee, 149 Main Street, Thomson, GA 30824 or email to Belinda.Campbell@thomson-mcduffie.gov. Position is open until filled.
Strategic: Develops, in conjunction with the Board, the Chamber’s strategic plan, both short and long-range, including the Chamber’s Program of Work, and ensures its implementation
Leadership: Participates and provides objective input during board discussions regarding policy, priorities, and establishing a program of work. The Executive Director will work closely with city and county government/elected officials, department heads, local Development Authorities, Tourism-CVB, the Archway Partnership, and other community organizations in a collaborative effort to attract business and industry, promote community events, and promote a ready workforce in the Thomson-McDuffie area.
Education: To provide leadership in programs and activities that improve the business community’s ability to succeed economically, that helps to identify and develop future community leaders, and that addresses current and future workforce development activities and initiatives.
Advocacy: Leadership and involvement in implementing a program assuring that the Chamber’s membership and the business and industry community are provided visible and effective representation on key issues…locally, regionally and state-wide.
Membership: Provide appropriate services with effective marketing ensuring steady membership growth and financial stability for the Thomson-McDuffie County Chamber. Continue the excellent reputation of the Chamber, attracting members from small and large companies and across economic and geographic sectors.
- The Executive Director shall perform management functions as it relates to all Committees, Personnel, Fiscal Management and miscellaneous functions related to the management of the organization
- Work as directed by the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and keep those bodies fully informed of the day to day activities of the Chamber.
- Maintain high standards of quality and reputation in all Chamber activities.
- The Executive Director will serve as the official spokesperson for the Chamber of Commerce and be routinely visible before the local, state and national organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communicator, orally and in writing.
- Have the ability to and be comfortable with public speaking in all settings.
- Having a good level of knowledge and understanding of Thomson-McDuffie County and the surrounding communities will be considered a plus.
- Ability and willingness to attend functions after normal business hours and/or on weekends
- Willingness and ability to attend periodic out-of-town conferences/training.
The Thomson-McDuffie Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. The Chamber does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, marital or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
We invite you to offer other Chamber Members deals from your business