Youth Leadership McDuffie
Youth Leadership McDuffie County is a program designed to educate through experience and motivate young leaders and enable them to take an active role in their community. This will result in strong leaders who have hope for the future and the tools to influence a positive and progressive community. Participants must be sophomores or juniors in McDuffie County high schools or residents of McDuffie County. They are selected after much consideration of their recognized and potential leadership and the merit of their application. The Selection Committee strives to achieve a geographical, racial and socio-economic balance in their selections.
The goal of Youth Leadership McDuffie County is to:
- Identify and educate potential, emerging, and existing youth leaders.
- Present in-depth programs that acquaint participants with community needs, issues and resources.
- Allow interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- Teach students the positive values and benefits of community service.
- Encourage students to actively engage in making their community a better place to live.
- Enhance civic pride and patriotism in our county, state and country.
- Provide opportunities for students from different geographic areas to know one another and develop a level of mutual trust and respect.
Applications are available in April every year and are available within the local schools. For more information, call the Chamber at 706-597-1000.
Emily Burnside, Briarwood Academy
Gavin Findley, Thomson High School
Sharlicia Grant, Thomson High School
Taylor Guerrero, Thomson High School
Kierston Hamilton, Thomson High School
Taryn Hudson, Thomson High School
Jaylah King, Thomson High School
Jayla Mathis, Thomson High School
Addison McCord, Thomson High School
Paul Nickles, Thomson High School
Kendrick Parker, Thomson High School
Emma Rhodes, Thomson High School
Hassan Roberson, Thomson High School
Carter Swann, Thomson High School
Victoria Wells, Thomson High School
Savannah Workman, Thomson High School