McDuffie County Day
McDuffie County Day is a day where members of the Chamber Government Affairs Committee along with City/County leadership visit our State Legislative Representatives in Atlanta to advocate on issues that have a significant effect on our community.
Key Legislative Items:
- Support for Rural Georgia initiatives, such as broadband, tax credits and others.
- Protecting Georgia's lodging taxes from redirection
- Increase investment in Georgia tourism marketing
- Increase funding and resources for skills-based career technical training in K-12.
- Support transportation infrastructure, maintenance and improvements
- Increase funding mechanisms for economic development projects
- Maintain competitive statutory and discretionary incentives