McDuffie County Day
McDuffie County Day is a day where members of the Chamber Government Affairs Committee along with City/County leadership visit our State Legislative Representatives in Atlanta to advocate on issues that have a significant effect on our community.
Key Legislative Items:
- Support for Rural Georgia initiatives, such as broadband, tax credits and others.
- Protecting Georgia's lodging taxes from redirection
- Increase investment in Georgia tourism marketing
- Increase funding and resources for skills-based career technical training in K-12.
- Support transportation infrastructure, maintenance and improvements
- Increase funding mechanisms for economic development projects
- Maintain competitive statutory and discretionary incentives
February 20, 2020 - The Thomson-McDuffie Chamber Government Affairs and Leadership McDuffie traveled to the State Capitol. The group was able to meet with Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black, DOT Commissioner Russell McMurry, DNR Deputy Chief Walter Rabon, Governor Brian Kemp, Georgia Chamber Government Affairs team, Georgia Board of Regents Chancellor Steve Wrigley, Representatives Mack Jackson and Barry Fleming. Special thanks to our sponsors: Gold Sponsor, Georgia Power and Silver Sponsor, Thomson-McDuffie Development Authority.